Sunday, March 20, 2011

not over yet

A little over a year ago I had an experience that I really learned from. It was a wonderful lesson. And since my natural tendency is to wrap up my life stories and put a nice little moral at the end {and then maybe tie a cute little bow on them and store them in my "life lessons learned" file cabinet}, that's what I did. But then a few months later.... I wasn't done learning from this experience. I was still experiencing! So I revised and added onto my moral and went to put it back when - oh. Still learning from this? Okay...
Many months later, I'm still experiencing and still learning from this person and this story of my life. And I keep having to revise my "moral of the story"  every other day it seems! So I'm thinking... maybe I'm never done learning. Maybe I don't get to wrap up my experiences and tie my bow on them and store them away. Could it be that life is about evolving, continually learning, and that we're never done?!? {If this sounds familiar, I wrote about continual learning almost two months ago... apparently I really need to relearn this lesson of relearning.}
So that's the lesson I am learning, along with many others: I'm not done. I'm going to learn, and relearn, and this story is going to keep evolving and teaching, and it doesn't get an ending! {As much as I would like it to... learning can be exhausting sometimes. But it's always good stuff.... and it's the story of my life! So I am thankful.} :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...