Tuesday, March 8, 2011

cleaning.

Today was cleaning check day. I hate this day. I am actually terrible at cleaning. So once a month, a crabby lady comes around to tell me so. {Actually she's pretty nice, but it makes me feel better to call her crabby.} More often than not, I fail the check and have to pay a $5 fee, which in my impoverished college-student state I cannot afford. So today, I was determined not to fail. My assignment was to clean the bathroom. Not knowing where to start, I attacked the bathtub with every chemical I could find, which happened to include Shout! stain removal. When my roommate got home, she laughed and told me it was for cleaning clothes. Well. No one told me.  
I also considered using mouthwash, but didn't. I was hoping that the cleaning lady would be overpowered by the chemical-y smell and at least know that I had tried. Maybe then she would take pity on me.
As it turned out, I passed! Take that, cleaning lady. I cleaned that tub like nobody's business. Got down and scrubbed it. Yeah. 
Anyways, only one cleaning check remains until I am free of this apartment, for which I am grateful.

As a side note, terrible as I am at the basics of cleaning, I am basically pro at plunging a toilet, a skill that has proven invaluable as our toilet breaks down at least once every few weeks. {Read the story of the original flood here.} 
So thanks, Mom and Dad, for teaching me how the be the greatest toilet plunger in the apartment. I may be helpless at cleaning bathrooms and scrubbing ovens, but I can fix any darn toilet in the complex.

And I'm sorry for spending my entire senior year insisting that I already knew how to clean and didn't need to practice.



you were right.

3 comments:

  1. Not only did you scrub it out, you SHOUTED it out. WHOA, Nelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know you make me wanna... SHOUT! kick my heels up and SHOUT! throw my hands up and SHOUT! throw my head back and SHOUT!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost missed that "you were right" comment. I'm sure your mama will appreciate that...if she can see it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...