Wednesday, September 29, 2010

how to stem a flood.

Once upon a time, I was sleeping in my bed. At the absurdly early hour of 8:30am, my roommate wakes me up in a panic because “There’s a flood in the bathroom!!!” I was extremely confused, because I was still basically asleep. I told her to just fix it, but she said “No I need your help!!!” 
When I finally got out of bed and walked to the bathroom, it was FLOODED. COMPLETELY. FULL OF WATER. The water was starting to lap out of the bathroom and on to the carpet. In the actual toilet area there was about an inch and a half of standing water. And the toilet was SPEWING WATER. overflowing, and squirting. I did not know this was possible. 
So I just stood there, really confused and still trying to wake up while my roommate freaked out. Eventually she waded over to the toilet, (luckily it was clean water,) and I told her to lift the top off and fix it. Which worked, sort of. It stopped the overflow but the toilet was still spewing. And my blankie was getting wet. 
After a while the spewing stopped too; I forget how. 
So then I went back to sleep, basically abandoning my roommate, but I was tired. I had to wake up like 30 minutes later to go to school, so that was dumb. And as I was walking through the living room to get my breakfast, I walked through a puddle. In the carpet. squish squish. yucky. We’re still not sure how it got there because it was dry all around and not even close to the bathroom. What the heck. And I kept forgetting it was there and walking through it again. Disgusting. 
While I was asleep, my roommate had mopped up most of the water in the bathroom with rugs and towels. 
Then we were late for class…. so we left.  


I'm at the library right now.


I hope all my stuff is alright.


The end.
sorry alannah. ♥ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...