Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Inspired!

love my New Testament class. It's seriously like efy every Monday and Wednesday! :) And I love my professor, Brother Smith. :)

Today we talked about the temptations of Christ and how they break down into 3 main categories:
1. Stones into bread {flesh vs. spirit}
2. Jump off the temple so that God will catch you {vanity vs. humility}, and
3. Worship me [Satan] and I'll give you the kingdoms of the world. {aspiration vs consecration}
Anyways, the part of the lesson that really inspired me was when we talked about how a lot of us want to consecrate our lives to God but are finding it really difficult... because we haven't mastered the earlier temptations like flesh vs spirit {um hello, I love sleep and my snooze button.}

How can we give God something that isn't ours? 

"The first and best victory is to conquer self." ~Plato.

So I'm going to work on self-control. Choosing spirit over flesh, and humility over vanity. & then when I've learned to be in control of myself, I can give myself to God. :)


Goal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...