Saturday, September 24, 2011

forget me not

1) I love general conference
2) Tonight was the Relief Society General Broadcast, and it was SO GOOD. Just exactly what I needed right now. :)) 
3) My favourite talk (though I really did love them all,) was by President Uchtdorf, about forget-me-nots.   It was just.... so, so amazing. :) He gave 5 things for us to "forget not," which I loved, but my favourite was the ending paragraphs. I hope they make a Mormon Message about it!! 

I have to wait four days for the full text to come out..... so sad..... but I did get a few lovely quotes from this LDS Church News article... and then I went back and watched it again at home :) And I wrote down the 5 things to forget not:
  • forget not to be patient with yourself
  • forget not that difference between good sacrifice and foolish sacrifice
  • forget not to be happy now
  • forget not the why of the gospel
  • forget not that the lord loves you

"Dear sisters, many of you are endlessly compassionate and patient with the weaknesses of others. Please remember also to be compassionate and patient with yourself."

"No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you, with an infinite love. Just think of it: You are known and remembered by the most majestic, powerful, and glorious being in the universe! You are loved by the King of infinite space and everlasting time."

"The love of God and the power of the restored gospel are redemptive and saving. If you will only allow His divine love into your life, it can dress any wound, heal any hurt, and soften any sorrow."

"My dear Relief Society sisters, you are closer to heaven than you suppose. You are destined for more than you can possibly imagine. Continue to increase in faith and personal righteousness. Accept the restored gospel of Jesus Christ as your way of life. Cherish the gift of activity in this great and true Church. Treasure the gift of service in the blessed organization of Relief Society. Continue to strengthen homes and families. Continue to seek out and help others who need your and the Lord's help."


on a non-religious note, this song is stuck in my head now. :)


EDIT 9/25: this link gives a better summary i think. :)

EDIT 9/28: Read the full text here!

EDIT 10/8: Watch the video here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...