Tuesday, May 14, 2013

once again, the LAST thing that i thought could happen.... is happening.



Well, looks like i'm leaving Appleton! Depression............. I might have cried a tear or two when President told me on Friday. I didn't want to be a bawl baby in front of President Jones............ but let's be honest, Appleton is the greatest ever :) I just LOVE it here!

 

The big news of the week is.......... (besides transfers........) B and K are getting baptized! June 8th! Hooray! It was so cute - the way we're supposed to invite baptism is something like "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized on [date]?" so Sister D'Addabbo is inviting them and it goes like this:

 

"Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ--" "Yes." "--and be baptized--" "Yes." "--on June 8th?" "Yes."

 

hahaha so cute!! they are so excited and the parents are as well!! The Mom was crying and just so so happy. The Spirit was felt and recognized!! :) :) I just love this family so so much and I'm so excited for them to have all of the blessings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ back in their home :) :) Sister H & Sister S M came too and that was awesome :) K totally looks up to S already which is great. aww I just love them!! I'm going to miss them all!!! luckily I still have 2 more days... and we are going over to the W's tonight for a lesson so that'll be good :)

 

Okay.... now for the other big news. Yes, I am being transfered. President usually calls on Thursdays to ask you to train or whatever, so when we didn't get a phone call last Thursday we thought we were safe...... ha! Last Friday after Zone Conference President asked to talk to me (which began my internal freak-out) and when I got into his office he was like, "Well, you're being transfered..." (cue me trying to not cry) "...You'll be doubling into an area where there have been Elders previously; we're splitting the area..." (cue me freaking out internally) "Your companion will be another experienced sister..." (since when am i an experienced sister? dear president, i'm pretty sure i expressed to you very clearly in my last few letters that i have no idea what i'm doing ever....) "That is, if you accept the calling to be a Sister Training Leader." (a whaaaattttttttt???? literal LAST THING i was expecting!!!) then he explained more about what a Sister Training Leader is but I wasn't really listening because i was having a giant internal freak-out hahaha. I don't think I can do this haha, I like.... don't know what I'm doing. ever. haha. This is going to be a stretching and growing experience for certain! ("it's christmas eve for certain!" muppet voice) I guess it's not stretching you if it doesn't hurt a little bit? haha. Well, this'll be fun. haha. I'm sure I'll learn to love Green Bay 2 and have a wonderful time. It's just a tad bit scary right now! New things! Ahh! :)

 

In other news, I've learned how to say "I have no idea what's going on!" in Hmong! It sounds like "chi-PAO-li-a." I learned it because K says it over and over whenever we go over there hahahaha. I feel that it is extremely applicable to me at this time in my mission hahaha I have no idea what's going on, ever, and I have no idea how to do what God has called me to do. like, none. chi-pao-li-a. i also have no idea how to spell that and elder ellsworth isn't here right now so i can't ask him. Well, family, looks like my prayers just got a lot longer hahaha.

 

It was so so good to see you yesterday and to talk with you for mother's day :) I just love you, family! :) and I'm thankful to be here, as a full-time missionary and representative of Jesus Christ. I was just thinking at Zone Conference what a really precious opportunity this is. Never again will I get to wear a nametag with the Savior's name next to mine and do nothing but teach the Gospel and try to help people and invite them to come unto Christ full-time! A year from now, this will all be over. It's craziness to think about it. Ahh.

 

Also, I was thinking during Zone Conference (I do that a lot) about my testimony, and about how when I was in high school I would've considered it the height of dishonor to say "I know because my parents know" but how now, that is actually a really big part of my testimony. Mom and Dad, you've given me two amazing and priceless gifts. One of my OWN testimony... it's mine, I know that it's mine, and it's always been my own. I've always been able to say for myself that I know that Jesus Christ lives and is the Savior of the world. But EQUALLY important to me is that I have ALWAYS been able to say, I KNOW that my parents know this is true. I have never, ever doubted that, even at times when I have doubted my own testimony. And that has been an enormous strength to me, and still is. I do not doubt you know it. And I do not doubt, BECAUSE I know you know it. :) So thank you so much for that. Infinitely much. I could never express enough my gratitude for MY testimony, and for yours :) And that goes for all you brothers and sisters too :) Yeah, testimonies! :) :)

 

 

Soooooo I love you all. You are my strength and my best friends. This transfer is going to be hard but it makes me so happy (and almost start to cry) to know that I have the greatest support team ever back at home & out in Texas :) Go, Team Proffit! And we know that God is on our side :) Romans 8:31! Fear not, courage! The Lord is on our side :)

 

 

 

Love, love, love, forever love ----

 

 

 

Sister Cecelia Proffit

Green Bay 2 :)

 

 

ps go packers? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...