Monday, May 6, 2013

sooooo the week. well. what a week it was :)




first of all, the most "brother y" statement of all time: "I like to feel the Spirit, so I like to sing the hymns......" hahahahahaha. i just busted up. perfect! & so true! i like to feel the Spirit too! :) i've really felt that to be true this week. if we're just having a hard time or things aren't going well or i'm just being cranky..... welp! time to sing a hymn! we sang "lead kindly light" the other day and i mayyyyyyyyyyy have leaked a tear or two? just thinking of you all and how much i love you :)

 

also, last p-day we had a "hillbilly jam sesh" as elder ellsworth calls it haha, me on the piano and a couple of elders on the guitar & harmonica. hahaha. playing primary songs and hymns! it was actually kinda really fun & i'm working on being able to read chords haha. we did get a pretty rockin' version of "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" down hahaha. :) so that was fun. alsooooooo we acidentally went through the carwash with the gas cap open! hahaha. apparently that's really bad ;) we were like "heyyyy elders, quick question.......... is it bad to get water in the gas tank?" "yeah. really bad. what'd you do?" oooooh. haha. well things worked out okay. the people at o'reilly's think we're idiots hahaha but that's okay :) sister d'addabbo was like (after we got the whatever magical fixer juice to put in the tank) "oh by the way, where's the windshield wiper fluid?" & they were like "under the hood." no, we meant where in the store......... okay, fair, considering the other questions we've asked today and that we're both wearing skirts haha. oh welllllll :) it all worked out okay & it was pretty hilarious hahaha :) yeah, p-day! :)

 

so to be honest, this week was kind of hard........... i've just been cranky off & on these past couple weeks haha, cranky & tired & lame. it's stupid haha.

last district meeting Elder Kemper reminded me of something i apparently said a while back....... he said whenever he feels like slowing down, he remembers a quote from me: "yeah, i'm tired & hungry, but these people don't have the gospel! & that's way worse!" haha. so, that was a good reminder from me for me haha. but still, i've just been kind of being a lame-o sometimes haha, i feel like a lot of the times i have NO idea what i'm doing and i don't know.......... just cranky sometimes hahaha. it happens. but last night we got a phone call that really reminded me of WHY i'm here, and that i love being here. it goes back to what Elder Nelson said... "All missionaries... serve with the sole hope of making life better for other people." Last night we got a call from a sister who's voice was shaking, she asked if we could say a prayer with her and of course we said yes, so I just closed my eyes and started praying out loud. She was crying and crying and after we said amen she told us what was going on, how they could lose their house and she just didn't know what to do, and we were able to help her. We have the resources and the ability to help people. And I've been called & set apart to help people. However I can. I am called of God to serve His children by teaching His gospel. The end. That is why I'm here, and that is what I love. Missionary work is hard, but it's awesome. It's awesome because it's hard. This is the work of salvation. This is the work of Almighty God. This is a work that will change the world. It will fill the whole earth. This is the work that teaches you the worth of souls. This is the work of Jesus Christ. of course it's hard! satan doesn't want us to get stuff done! well, he's a loser, literally. Jesus Christ has conquered satan already. so that's that.

 

So I love being here. I love getting to help people :) And I love that there is a system already in place. We called the Bishop and the Elder's Quorum President and the Relief Society President, and stuff is getting done. I love that she knew that she could call us. Ask the missionaries. They can help you. I am living that right now and it's amazing. I love it. I love doing the work of the Lord. Even when it's hard :) The woman who called was Sister W, she and her two kids came to church yesterday morning! hooray! and on the phone we told her we would contact the Bishop and he would be able to work out what was best for their family, and she was like "we haven't been coming to church near long enough, we haven't been paying tithing or anything..." and we just said that Bishop would work out with them what was best. It doesn't matter. We're here to help. :) & I love that.

I'm just so grateful to be a missionary right now :) This is what I love to do! No distractions! The world is so lame and satan is so tricky in the ways he just gets us to waste and fritter away our time and i don't even know if that's a real word but that's the word i chose. everything else i lame compared to the gospel haha. This is what's important!

 

Alma 17:23. Ammon was COMMITTED. He was in it for the long haul. It didn't matter when he might get transfered or anything. He was there, 100%, for those people.

 

In other news, we've been having some good lessons and things are great :) I love being a missionary! It can be hard, but it is also the best :) And you don't have to wait for a big white envelope to serve! You can start right now! hooray! :) :)

 

I love you, family. You are the best and I really mean that. You really are my inspiration and you give me the strength to keep going when I'm down :) I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for His mercy. I am thankful for the hymns. "I like feeling the Spirit, so I like singing the hymns..." :) I'm grateful that you've taught me to love the hymns :) I'm grateful, mom & dad, that you never gave up on your vision of the family gathered around the piano and singing :) I'm grateful for the Spirit. I know the church is true. I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know He lives. I love Him absolutely. I try to be better every day. I'm grateful for my Savior, who makes all things possible :) I'm grateful for you, family!

I love, love, love you :)

 

 

love,

 

Sister Proffit :)

 

 
ps SEE YOU 12:30 ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...