Monday, May 20, 2013

GO PACK GO!..........


GO PACK GO!.......... is what all the signs around here say hahaha I am in Green Bay, Wisconsin!! ... and it is a WAY smaller town that I was expecting haha. Lambeau Field is way close to our apartment and I'll probably get a picture at some point even though it is not that exciting and not even in like a "city" area of town.......... ps Green Bay is not that big of a town haha. It's been fun though!! This transfer is going to be amazing!! It's already going by so fast!

 

So we are "opening" which means that they gave us a brand-new empty apartment and a brand-new empty area book! hooray! haha this was like my worst fear ever but it's actually been kind of fun! I love Sister Erickson and I am learning so much from her already :) We spent the first little bit getting our apartment all set up and planning exchanges (we have to go on one every week!! still haven't gotten all the logistics figured out yet....... we cover all of Green Bay & Wausau Zones, which also happen to be the biggest geographically haha we even cover da UP! hoorah!) :) and getting ward lists so that we have something to go on and are working SMART, not just hard, and then Saturday we got out and WORKED all day and we saw so many miracles!! I plotted all the part-members on my GPS (greatest missionary tool ever btw... someday we will have ipads & it will be glorious) and then we just went to an area and started walking to them and talking to everybody and it was amazing! We went from about 1pm-7pm and got 2 member-present lessons, 9 others, and 4 new investigators. So basically more than I've ever gotten in any week on my mission so far. It was such a MIRACLE and such a tender mercy from a loving Father in Heaven who recognizes our weaknesses and knows that we are trying and really WANTS to bless us. The Savior WANTS to forgive. Our Heavenly Father WANTS to bless us and give us happiness. Everything about the Gospel tells me that is true. :) :) :) So I love it :) Talking with everybody is something I've really needed to improve on and Sister Erickson is a natural at it, so it's awesome :) We were just walking and when someone walked past us we said "Hi, how are you?" "Good, how are you?" "Good, we're missionaries........." Restoration Book of Mormon etc etc etc and he was like "This is way interesting! I've actually been looking for a church.......... thank you so much, seriously." What the whaat?? :) :) love it. It's kind of nice that we're both new because it gives us the perfect excuse to just talk to EVERYBODY on the ward list......... we have no idea who's active, less-active, dnc, whatever. We're just gonna go see ALL of them hahaha. It's way exciting and I'm glad that we have something to do and that the Lord is blessing us for our efforts :) Hooray Green Bay!!

 

And yesterday we went to church for the first time and it was awesome.... Sister Erickson and I are both coming from awesome areas that we loved (she was in Madison for 6 months!) and so it's been kind of rough leaving those people and wards, and when church first started I'll admit I was like "Hmph. I love Appleton." but by the end of Relief Society I was already started to love Green Bay 2 so so much :) This ward is so excited to have Sisters!! SOOOOOO many people came up to us and said so and invited us over and told us about their friends etc etc etc. So it's awesome :) :) Onward, ever onward!

 

It has been interesting working with the Elders who were already in this area, well only one of them is still here, the other is new too but I'm afraid his arrival was kind of overshadowed by ours........ whoopsie haha but it's okay. We also took all of the dinner appointments this week, which we think freaked them out a little bit haha but the excitement will wear off soon and it'll all be good :) We are all on the same team, all missionaries, and we're working hard to ensure that there will be no "division" in the ward, Team Sisters vs Team Elders or any of that :) We are UNIFIED and it will be awesome :)

 

Soooooooo....... yeah! That is Green Bay! Haha I sent you some pictures of us getting locked out of our apartment........... there's a Culver's close by which is good........... people are calling us "yous" which I love......... and we're going to volunteer at a Habitat for Humanity store! Fun fun. Sooooo yeah. Go Green Bay! And it's not "GREEN bay" like I always said at home, it's "green BEY" haha. love the accents, love the area. it's gonna be a tough one but we are ready for the challenge :) Team Us + God = Unstoppable!! (Romans 8:31.... basically ;) )

 

 On a more serious note, I have seriously felt the prayers and the love this week as I was SO nervous coming in here and so didn't know what was going on...... I still don't but that's okay :) I testify that God always knows what He is doing, and when we follow His path for us it will ALWAYS lead to maximum happiness and joy :) I know that that's true! I know that living His gospel is the way for us to be happiest :) I'm so grateful for that! I'm so grateful to be able to trust in Jesus more and more every day -- "tis so sweet" as the song goes :) Trust in Him and lean not unto thine own understanding... in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths :) (Proverbs 3:5-6. I also like Jeremiah 29:11 but I like the NIV better.... no offense KJV ;) Jeremiah 29:12-13 is good too. It's all good! but especially those today) :)

 

 Okay one more story then I'm done. Last night we ate dinner with an amazing family, the daughter just got sealed to her husband and their little daughter on May 4th, and the mom and dad are getting baptized on Tuesday! They were telling us that missionaries had actually tracted into the mom and daughter earlier and given them a Book of Mormon, but the mom was just going to throw it away... haha she's so embarrassed about that now, but anyways it didn't stick back then, but God's timing is perfect because now the whole family is together in the gospel and it's just so much better and they wouldn't have that if they had joined the church earlier, because the daughter wouldn't have met her husband and pulled him out of in-activity and the mom was separated from her husband at the time but now they're back together and both getting baptized... it's hard to explain over email haha but basically God's timing is perfect and He loves all His children always :) :) and the temple is such a focus for them; the in-laws of the kids who are married............ okay i'm just going to use names haha this is too confusing. N and M just got sealed. M was less-active for a long time, his parents are in the ward too and they never gave up on him even when he was disfellowshipped and living with his pregnant girlfriend... they took them on a road trip and just "had to stop at the temple really quick" and Nicole could feel the Spirit and started asking questions and decided to be baptized and when Mike was like "well you can't cause we're not married" said "Well then we either need to get married or you need to move out!" !!! so they got married (haha) and then she was baptized and then they just got sealed a week ago and her parents came to the temple to support and they felt the Spirit so strong and now they're getting baptized on Tuesday and it's all amazing and that was the most confusing way ever to tell that story but oh well haha :) :)

 

 ANYWAYS. I love Green Bay and I love you!!!! This is the Lord's work and He is in the details of it!! I love you!!!!!!!!! families are forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Xoxoxoxo         Sister Cece Proffit :) :) :)

 

OH AND ALSO I FORGOT (how could I forget?) an APOSTLE is coming to Wisconsin!!!! and Elder Densley (on the cd I sent you.... ps did you make a copy for alaina yet?) was asked to sing with Elder Kanahele (my district leader from Kenosha) and they asked Sister Erickson and I to accompany them on the violin and piano! I get to play the piano thank goodness haha :) :) so that's exciting! hooray!! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...