Tuesday, April 19, 2011

the sun is shining! the grass is green! and we are getting out of --

Well today was unexpectedly wonderful.


Monday night I was unhappy because I had soOoOOO much to do and not enough time and everything was going to be so harddddd and take soooo longgggg and I didn't waannnttttt toooooo because I am a loooooooserrrrrrrrrrrrrr.


Um. It was not hard. It did not take long. And I am a champion at life.


I'm not sure why I always fuh-REAK out because it ALWAYS turns out fine. and if it doesn't, it ends and that's the end of it. So it's no. big. deal.


Today, it took me 4 hours to neatly collect 3 A's on my final exams. Thank you, thank you, thank you :) 
Way super easier than I expected. I love that. I feel like a bona fide genius. Go me! :) 


And alsoooooo when I left the house it was kinda rainy and kinda windy and kinda cold....  but now the sun is out and warm (but not hot!) and that beautiful spring smell is in the air again. So THAT is ALSO wonderful!!


And I saw my friend that I haven't seen in a superlongtimeeventhoughwegotothesameschool and I remembered that I love her. Again, wonderful :) :)


And basically, I am just a champion at life and all things life-related.


I am become Cecelia, the destroyer of finals. 

Notice my Samuri bun and excited face. 



Weirdly I went to bed at 10pm last night and woke up at 3am? Not tired? So I studied.... http://quizlet.com/ is my bestest friend. 94% on my Judaism final, yeah-yeahhhhh :) 
Pretty sure some of my memory tricks are a tad irreverent.... but they worked! haha. Wanna hear? (see?) (...read?) 
okay here:
Kashrut - jewish dietary laws. Kash = Cash. Rut = root. You pay cash for roots. Which are food. Kashrut.
Havdalah - ceremony at the end of the Sabbath to distinguish it from the rest of the week. Hav dallah. Have a dollar. Cause it's not the Sabbath anymore.
Muktzeh - things prohibited to do on the Sabbath. Muk = muck. Like, yuck! don't do that on the Sabbath! Muktzeh! 


okay that's all.


Also I just discovered this really hilarious website - http://whenparentstext.com/ - and I love it and can't stop reading it and laughing out loud and it reminds me of my parents :) :)


And now for some stories from my day :)


Today is a day of lasts. For example, today I took my last shower in this little apartment, and the handle that controls the water fell off and almost hit my foot and scared the bejeezus out of me, like it always does. 
"Aww..." I thought. "Precious moments with the shower handle, this is the last time it will ever fall off and suddenly change the water temperature and scare me half to death!"
Wrong.
It fell off two more times.
But that was the last time because I am coming home tomorrow!! :) I keep forgetting and saying, "on Wednesday..... I mean, TOMORROW....." :)



Also, the awkwardness of saying goodbye to someone and then walking the same way never, ever fades away. oh lovely.


I saw a woman with wonderfully luscious locks this morning. Then when we got closer I realized it was a man. whoopsie.


And, today in English I discovered that I talk wayy too much and that I am entirely ignorant about Zimbabwe culture... and I heard CLICKY LANGUAGE!! It was basically the highlight of my life. Seriously so unnaturally exciting. Coolest thing ever. I am so jealous of my friend from Zimbabwe. Wild animals in the wild, Victoria Falls, Devil's Pool {scariestthingofmyLIFE}, and clicky language. How. fantastic. It isn't all crazy inflation and dictatorship and violence :) 


Also... music of the day brought to me by James Taylor? Hmm.... okay :) :) 


By the way, Gwyenth Paltrow is singing "Turning Tables" tonight on Glee. I like Adele's original better. Gwyenth is good, but she's not killmysoulwithbeautyandlove like Adele


Points if anyone recognizes my title reference... it's obscure and not an exact quote, but it's close. :)
Here's a hint:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...