Monday, April 1, 2013

i survived my first wisconsin winter!!


& it has been positively balmy these past few days haha i've been leaving my coat at home! above freezing, who needs a coat? ;) haha. it has been up around the 50s lately too, which is nice :) all the snow is melting! i can finally see grass!! hahah

 

So basically the huge news of this week is...... I'M TRAINING. President Jones called on Thursday night and said "Are you ready for high adventure next transfer?" & i said "Oh my gosh." [whoopsie! haha] & he said "Are you willing to train?" & I said "Yes, I'm willing to train." & then he explained logistics about meeting in Milwaukee & when & all that, & said "love you!" & I was just like "k. k. k. k. love you too. bye." kind of in shock hahaha. i feel better about it now...... it's just a really really huge responsibility that sets the course for the whole rest of their mission!!! & i feel like i don't really know what i'm doing hahaha i asked sister ross "what do new missionaries like to eat?" i feel like i'm adopting a baby panda hahaha i have no idea how to take care of it! BUT the Lord does & I know & trust that He will help me as I rely more fully on Him & strive to be exactly obedient & the new sister & I do our darnest to follow the Spirit & do what we've been called to do. So.... pray for us!! hahah we're gonna need it :) definitely super humbling. we meet them wednesday morning. i'll let you know how that goes :) ahh. so crazy. why me?? hahaha

 

in other, more minor news........ we went to a member family's house for dinner [they are SO FUNNY!] & the dad has like 21398379 followers on twitter & i was like "oh, i have twitter!" & before i knew it he looked me up & found my blog haha whoooopsie! lesson learned i guess hahaha luckily i never have anything bad to say about the ward & the area because i love it! :) also, they made the most delicious lasagna ever.... they used sausage! delicious :) also, someone at Bethesda was talking to us & when we introduced ourselves as "Sister" he said, "oh, from what order?" [there are lots of Catholics here..... they think we're nuns] so we explained what we do & what Church we're from, & said "Oh, well isn't that nice of yous two!" which cracked me up hahah.



 

amazing things that exist that i discovered in wisconsin: PEPPERMINT BREATH MINT POP ROCKS. a sister in the ward's boyfriend like... works for the pop rock factory? so i hugged her on sunday and then she was like "do you want a breath mint?" & i was like "... dang it" hahaha but she just wanted to show me the breath mint pop rocks. which were AWESOME, btw :)

 

Easter Sunday miracles....... THREE different less-active families came!! hooray!! the L's (who have a 9 year old daughter not yet baptized! they remind me of the d's sometimes) made it (well just the dad & kids, mom worked, but still), Sister R (who always says she'll come but never does) AND her non-member husband (who only speaks Spanish...... I WISH THAT I KNEW SPANISH) & two other sisters we haven't seen in a long time. Hooray!! Also, the Gospel Principles teacher is from Mexico, which is awesome. Thumbs up for bilingual Sunday School! I actually understand a good amount, I just can't SAY anything. & the teacher is also the Visiting Teacher for the L's AND the R'! yeah yeah yeah! so that's way cool :) also -- she makes awesome enchiladas :) who'da thunk wisconsin would be so multi-cultural? haha :)

 

Easter Sunday scripture chain.... Isa 25:8 / 1 Cor 15:55-57 / Mosiah 16:6-9 [besthttps://mail.google.com/mail/e/B0C] / Alma 7:12 (11-13)  Thanks be to God, who gives us the VICTORY through Jesus Christ!!!! I was watching the Bible Video "He Is Risen" & that was the thought that came to mind.......... HE DID IT. He won. What a VICTORY. & in all things we are more than conquerers through Him that loved us https://mail.google.com/mail/e/B0C (see Romans 8) :) I LOVE that! I know that Jesus Christ took upon Him every sin, weakness, burden, trial, imperfection, sickness... EVERYTHING. He took it all on and HE OVERCAME. Yes He did. & through Him, through living His gospel, WE TOO can overcome EVERYTHING that keeps us from having all the joy that our Father in Heaven enjoys. EVERY obstacle has been overcome. WHAT. A. VICTORY. https://mail.google.com/mail/e/B0Chttps://mail.google.com/mail/e/B0Chttps://mail.google.com/mail/e/B0C. He has provided a Way! He IS the Way! (John 14:6)

 

So basically, Easter is awesome :) In case anyone was ever wondering...... Jesus Wins, & satan loses. the end. :) :) :)

 

~ transition words...... i'm the worst at transitions hahaha ~

 

I feel like there is a lot of potential in this area....... I'm just gonna have to get out there and WORK with my new companion & I know we'll start to see miracles :) (huh, imagine that... missionary work is WORK! see "diligence" in PMG ch. 6 ;) )  

 

We had a member lesson the other week, & we were talking about blessings that come from missionary service, & the husband bore a very sincere & emotional testimony that blessings are coming to my family specifically & directly because of my service here in Wisconsin. "and that should make you want to get up at 6am every morning and work your hardest all day long." :) it does!!

 



LOVE you guys so so much!!! you're the best & i feel SO SO blessed to have you as my ETERNAL family :) :) you're an inspiration to me & you're amazing!!! keep writing me & sharing with me the miracles you're seeing in your life :) :)

 

2 Thessalonians 3:1 

 

xoxoxoxoxoxox

 

SISTER CECELIA PROFFIT  https://mail.google.com/mail/e/B0Chttps://mail.google.com/mail/e/B0Chttps://mail.google.com/mail/e/B0C

 

things i forgot to mention: hmong desserts are delicious. coconut sticky rice? yes please :)

 

& the other "cultural barrier? what cultural barrier?" moment i loved was when we were going around the table sharing what we'd brought & the sister next to me was like "okay, okay, i didn't bring anything! & i thought i could get away with it but now we're going around the table saying what we brought & i'm so embarassed!" hahaha & elder yang was translating and you could tell when he got to that part because N L just started BUSTING UP hahahahaha laughing SO hard & saying "me, same thing! same thing!" hahaha i loved it :) :)

 

also....... we helped someone take down their Christmas tree last week. hahahahha. :)

 

 

love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

oh ps POP QUIZ! ;) Which apostle quoted a Hunger Games movie review in his last conference talk?

 

hint: check the priesthood session footnotes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...