Monday, April 15, 2013

i don't know what to title this email!


 

hahaha. missionary struggles.... titling emails ;)

 

so this week was great! & i think the best way to explain it all is through a series of scriptures.... so here we go! :)

 

Monday: well this isn't a scripture but everyone should read "Jesus the Perfect Leader" by Spencer W. Kimball. the end. Also happy birthday mom!!!!!!!!! we got to teach an awesome hmong family who's preparing to go to the temple & just answer some questions & ease some concerns.... so excited for them! so cool! so fun! :)

 

Tuesday: D&C 128:22. FACT.

 

Wednesday: Psalm 1:2-3. also fact. I want to "be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in [my] season." i just love the imagery of that. & i know that's a true promise as i and all of us delight in the law of the Lord, & meditate therin day & night, & keep His commandments! we will be like trees planted by rivers of water, bringing forth fruit in our seasons :) :) love that.

 

Thursday: Psalm 34.

Also Mosiah 2:11 - "I am... subject to all manner of infirmities in body and mind; yet I have been chosen... and consecrated... and was suffered by the hand of the Lord that I should be [among] this people; and have been kept and preserved by his matchless power, to serve [them] with all the might, mind and strength which the Lord hath granted unto me." :)

also Mosiah 2:22 is like the most "duh" verse ever hahaha i LOVE it :) :)

 

Friday: Mosiah 2:30 (can you tell where i'm at in the Book of Mormon? haha) "For even at this time, my whole frame doth tremble exceedingly while attempting to speak unto you; but the Lord God doth support me, and hath suffered me that I should speak unto you, and hath commanded me that I should declare unto you this day." literally ABOUT ME hahah :) :)

also 2:31, another "duh" verse that i love :) :) basically "if you keep doing what you're doing..... and good things have been coming...... good things are gonna keep coming! go figure!" hahaha

 

Saturday: 1 Ne. 17:12-14 - "And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led. Yea, and the Lord said also that: After ye have arrived in the promised land, ye shall know that I, the Lord, am God; and that I, the Lord, did deliver you from destruction; yea, that I did bring you out of the land of Jerusalem." :)

& D&C 68:6 - "Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come." okay. i can do that. :) :)

Also I really loved Zechariah 3:3-7 (temple anyone?) (cross reference with jacob 2:16... the Lord takes away our iniquities. He cleanses us from sin. the purpose of the gospel is to cleanse us from sin so that we can recieve the Savior's mercy at the day of Judgement) :) i just loved the imagery & symbolism there. we have dirty clothes... we sin, we make mistakes, we're imperfect, we're lame. Jesus Christ takes all that away. He gives us new clean clothes, & THEN He gives us a crown on top of all that :) i LOVE that! I love Him :) :)

& Zech. 5:1..... who knew there were food fights in the old testament? hahaha ;)

 

Sunday: Matthew 25:40 <3

 

So here's the thing...... I love this ward. So so much. Like..... I might never get over it. Ever. I love them. So much. Last Sunday.... so yesterday... haha... I texted Sister M**** to ask if she had any sudafed for Sister D, & 30 minutes later she was at our house with a bag full of medicine & chicken noodle soup & a stethoscope (she's a retired nurse) & a tongue depressor & everything. I just LOVE her. She is one of the most caring, giving, loving people I've ever met & I've been so blessed just to know her & be touched by her life & her example. & she gave me a list of questions to ask the dr this morning & then fed us breakfast afterwards :) love her. Alsooooooo......... we have a new ward mission leader! I'm starting to feel like I'm a WML killer hahaha this happened in Racine too :) but it's exciting! I love Brother K*** & his family forever & we can still be best friends! but the new WML is.......... BROTHER Y***!!!!!!!! & i LOVE him & his family already! he LOVES missionary work SO SO SO SO MUCH........ like more than anyone i've ever met in my whole entire life hahahaha it's AWESOME. we had a meeting already and he's like okay what are your goals, what can i help you with, let's get the whole ward involved & set the world on fire with missionary work, sound good? & we're like yeah! sounds great! see you saturday! let's do this!! :) :) :) LOVE it. love him forever. love love love it. my worst fear is getting transferred next month hahaha please no please no please no please let me stay. This ward is the greatest. We have an appointment with Bishop next week, which is great, and I just love everybody and never want to leave hahaha. Also after church, we went to the M**** for lunch with them & the V****... the family that just got baptized last November :) Sister V works with Brother M & last August the M's son was speaking in church so he just randomly invited her... and she said yes, and then she got baptized! haha and now she's inviting people to church! it's awesome! & brother m has another friend in bellingham who's interested in food storage..... so i think he'll be calling the EVERETT MISSION OFFICE pretty soon here :) :) which is way way cool. also this didn't happen on Sunday but we invited a member family to have a family home evening with their kids friends (see: "for peace at home" from last conference)... well it was their idea, we just challenged them to actually DO it & gave them a date to do it by :) haha. so that was awesome. I LOVE THIS WARD!!!!!! :) :) :) just..... so so much. i wish you could all come visit Appleton with me :) it's the promised land! you'll see someday :) :) i love being a missionary!!!!!!! what a privilege it is to wear the nametag & do the Lord's work, full-time, no distractions. i love it. satan is stupid but he's lame & Jesus overcame him anyways, so who cares about him ;) haha. love it. Oh I was going to tell you, with had a lesson with the M & the V, & C (sis v's 8 yo son) was like "i don't know how/why God loves me" (that's the question in primary this year.... how do you know God loves you) & Sister M bore a really great testimony about how she knows God loves her because of the people in her life who love her, & how she's noticed that c's been a lot less sad about his grandparents' passing away since he's been baptized, & he was like "huh, you're right! i guess that's how i know God loves me!" & it was awesome. & I got to add my testimony to hers that I know God loves me because I know my parents love me, & I love them. & I know that I will get to be with them forever, in perfect love & joy. That's how I know God loves me :)

 

This week has been good, ups & downs, disappointments & triumphs, & just moving the Lord's work forward! I love it so so much! I feel like I can't ever do enough to repay this ward for their service & goodness, let alone you all, beloved family & friends, & let's not even think about how I can NEVER EVER EVER even START to repay my Heavenly Father for EVERYTHING that He has done for me & is STILL doing for me, every single day. (see mosiah 2:20-21 - I say unto you, my brethren, that if you should render all the thanks and praise which your whole soul has power to possess, to that God who has created you, and has kept and preserved you, and has caused that ye should rejoice, and has granted that ye should live in peace one with another— I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants." I LOVE my Heavenly Father & I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know they live. I know they are real. I know that they are aware of each of us, that they love us infinitely & unconditionally, & that their Gospel is the only way for us to ever have lasting peace & joy. It's the truth! it's the greatest :) :)

 

Sister D has been kinda sickish this week so that's been hard, but we went to the doctor so now she can start getting healthy! & she's such a trooper, we have still been getting work done & making calls & setting appointments & yes, even knocking doors & doing surveys :) We even got to visit with some sweet ladies who were having a hard night & didn't want to talk to us [like... did NOT] but we just asked them a few questions about prayer and then asked if we could pray for them, and they softened up SO much & we prayed together & held hands & had a hallelujah prayer circle! & afterwards they were like "we love you, God bless you, Jesus rocks, He sent you to us tonight" etc etc so that was really awesome. Yay Jesus! :)

 

Other great things this week..... P*** & M*****'s wedding! We got to SERVE which is the greatest thing ever...... yes, PLEASE let me wash that spoon for you & take your plate! it's the least I can do!! that morning we went over to help P put rice in ziplock bags, then we went to be early to the wedding...... okay, here is why mormons are awesome. we got there at 3:30 for a 4pm wedding, and we were the 1st ones there. nothing was set up. people arrived and started setting up tables, getting things ready, we helped but then had to leave so that i could play prelude on the organ (i played the organ for a wedding! we sang "love at home" haha..... what other wedding hymns are there?? for prelude i ran out of ideas so i started playing hymn 26.... sister d'addabbo laughed at me hahaha. whatever, it's pretty!) :) and then after the ceremony we walked back into the gym and it was BEAUTIFUL. someone had pulled together decorations out of the primary closet or something & everything was just beautiful! & set up! & lovely! so that was awesome :) it was interesting going to a church "time-only" wedding after having been to a temple wedding & noting the differences........ look it up sometime, if you can. most noticable to me: in the church, the ceremony is performed in front of "God, and these witnesses." just think about that. if you've been to the temple. sorry to be so cryptic everyone else hahaha. :) and yeah, it was just a really nice time and SO nice to just be able to SERVE. love love love it. <3 love this ward.

 

ps.... can i get eliza bishop's address? :) & whatever happened to sending me book of mormon sharing notes? haha i loved that :)

 

that's about it! i love you all & miss you so so much!! i got a letter from one of my efy babies & i love that so so much! i love all of my efy chillin's & think of them very often :) :) & of course i love everyone else too...... just a special shout-out to the efy kids :) haha.

 

you're the greatest ever!! families can be together FOREVER. forever. think about that. Jesus Christ loves us all SO much. We can be with Him again, eternally. I know that that's true. I know that the Atonement is REAL. it's the greatest news ever! Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren, & on! On to the Victory!!!!

 

LOVE YOU

  

xoxoxooxxo

 

 

SISTER CECE PROFFIT https://mail.google.com/mail/e/B0Chttps://mail.google.com/mail/e/B0Chttps://mail.google.com/mail/e/B0C

 

also --- hymn 83 :) "Guide us, O Thou Great Jehovah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...