Monday, April 8, 2013

CONFERENCE CONFERENCE CONFERENCE CONFERENCE



"let's see.... our next speaker will be..... YOU!" ~ johnny biscuit ;) so many funny & amazing moments this weekend!! i thought of you all so much!! we'll have to figure out a good way to have some good conference discussions because they are the best! you are the best! living prophets are the best! :) :)

 

this week has been amazing & crazy....... i'm training!! we went & picked up Sister D'Addabbo last Wednesday... well we drove down on Tuesday but I met her on Wednesday :) During the "training the trainer" meeting Wednesday morning I just felt SO sick like i was going to throw up or cry or both & SO inadequate & just like WHAT am i doing here........ but then we met the new missionaries and i just got so HAPPY & like "you know what? we CAN do this! it's going to be amazing! we're going to see miracles!!" & it's just been so so good ever since :) :) we've pretty much filled up our schedule for next week, which makes me happy, & we're just out doing missionary work! we've even tracted a bit & i haven't died! it's a miracle! hahaha it's been really really good, & amazing to FEEL how the Lord has strengthened me & bouyed me up. THANK YOU so so much for your prayers.... i can feel 'em and i need 'em. Keep them coming!! :) :) hurrah for prayer. I loved that thought from conference.... few things have more power than a faithful mother's prayer :) faith is a real power, not just an expression of belief :)

 

okay speaking of conference.... did you feel like there was just a huge theme of HOPE & PEACE through living the Gospel??? and just a HUGE focus on Jesus Christ, even more so than usual?? I can hardly remember who spoke about what because I feel that they all spoke about the same thing!! such a flow!! huh, it's almost like God was directing this conference or something..... ;) ;) love it. I think one of my favorite talks was Craig A. Cardon.... The Savior WANTS to forgive. I just loved that, so so much. & of course I loved the one about a Christ-centered home, I feel like it came as an answer to prayer for at least one member family in this ward, & it reminded me a lot of our home :) northern idaho farm boy & les mis shout-outs made my life, Elder Bednar gave the Chastity SMACKDOWN, so great, & Elder Nelson! Catch the wave! Elder Anderson! apostolic invitations & promsed blessings! Elder HOLLAnd!! :) :) love love love it :) :) Elder Falabella, "shake hands with everyone!!" hahahahaha

 

this is all out of order but the way-cool miracle of the week is this.... so after a looong day of contacting/tracting/being hungry & rejected (it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that fun either...) we were on our way home and this one family kind of came to mind, and they're kind of on the way so i was like "what the heck, we'll just stop by." so i asked Sister D'Addabbo if that was okay and she said yeah, we knocked on the door and the dad answered and said "It's funny you should stop by.... my wife and I were actually talking this morning..." and i was like OH SHOOT we're about to get rejected, shot down, asked not to come back.... o me of little faith...... he continues "and we've decided to come back to church. it's pretty clear that's what we need to do. So, 9 o'clock?" !!!!!!!!!!!! okay, wow. that was amazing. we were able to tell him that this weekend was general conference & give him a little card we'd made up that morning with the times & website & all that, and he asked us if we could come back to teach his family a lesson! hmmmmm........ okay, fine, we will. twist our arms ;) haha. they have 2 unbaptized children! and get this........... they're a previous do not contact family! HA HA HA is what i have to say to THAT! :) :) :) so that was awesome. what if we hadn't stopped by?? would they have come to church?? would they have showed up at 9am and found it locked & empty & been like well nevermind then? Brother W******* commented more than once how "weird" it was that we had stopped by hahaha hmmmmmm thank you Spirit!! :) :) we've really been seeing miracles together as we've redoubled our efforts to be exactly obedient & to work hard. it's like they said in conference..... obedience + selfless service = power!!! LOVE that!! :) :) :)

 

So yeah, Elder Holland gave just an amazing POWERhouse talk this session, as per usual, & I LOVED it!! :) :) "I invite you to lean on mine" so powerful. let's see... what else was great.... there's so much, i'll have to send you like a little bit each week. aren't you going to watch a talk a week till next conference? let me know which ones you're studying & i'll study them too! that'll be so great!! :) :) this conference was just cool cause i felt like i was getting answers & revelation for myself, but also for how to teach other specific people & for how to help this ward. so that was amazing & awesome :) what goals have you set because of conference? what plans have you made to achieve those goals? :) :) not to get all preach-my-gospel on you haha but it IS the greatest :) :)

 

I thought it was really cool, I forget who said it, but basically they said that priesthood power is what made it possible for the Savior to perform the Atonement! I'd never thought about that before :) Have you all already watched the Worldwide Leadership Training? I think Sister D'Addabbo & I are going to set aside some time to watch that together & implement it into our work. I feel like there were a lot of really specific apostolic invitations this conference, as well as some amazing promised blessings! I'm going to have to go through and highlight those when i finally get a conference ensign :) Elder Eyring's really been on the same theme these past two conference... closeness to God! & I felt just such a huge focus on the peace that comes from living the Gospel, & building our homes on the solid foundation of Christ, and how we can withstand all things if we do that... and LIGHT and HOPE! I wonder why God wants us to know that?? I felt like almost EVERY SPEAKER touched on that.... was that just me?? especially Saturday afternoon I think. such a theme of peace!!! crazy. God is directing this work. We are led by living prophers & apotles! hurrah!! :) :) & great strong, bold, unflinching testimonies too!! from like everyone!! & gather to the church! & like EVERYONE shared that "stone cut out of the mountain without hands" scripture!! yeah?? seemed like it to me anyways....

 

"One of the greatest blessings we can offer to the world is a Christ-centered home, where the gospel is taught, covenants are kept, & love abounds." :) :) I thought of you guys a lot on that one!!

 

Elder Nelson, cracking me up with "Let's ask the missionaries! They can help us!" hahaha I love it :) :) Just SO MUCH great revelation!! The heavens are open again!! :) :) :) love it!!! Our Living God is a Loving God!! & 1 Peter 3:15 quoted twice too.... I'd be interested to know what the most quoted scriptures were this conference! Who can hook me up with that? ;)

 

Hey, how was the priesthood session? Men & brethren, what revelation can you share with me? :)

 

Come & See. So so great.

 

Okay this is scattered nonsense hahaha I'll send a more organized conference letter home later haha :) :) It's just so so great!! I love conference & you guys! It was fun to see some friends from BYU & efy in the choir! & katie! so fun :)

 

"Because we follow Jesus Christ, we seek to participate in & further His Great Redemptive work." Aaaaaaamen!!

 

Well on that note........ have a great week!! write me testimonies & letters!! I love you all tons!! This work is the best! Jesus Christ is the best! He IS the Savior & Redeemer of the whole earth, & I know He lives!!  

 

love, love, love, love

  

Sister Cecelia Proffit :) :) :)

OH i almost forgot i was C R Y I N G laughing during President Monson's talk about starting the fire in provo canyon hahaha CRYING. so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just SO hilarious hahah the facial expressions!!!!!!!!!! kills me. okay now i'm done. have a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

love love love -----   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...