Sunday, August 1, 2010

What does Absolute Trust look like?

Turn to God first, in everything.

No fear of others, only faith.

When thou art in tribulation, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the Lord thy God and shalt be obedient unto his voice (for the Lord thy God is a merciful God;) He will not forsake thee. {Deut. 4:30-31}

Constant prayer, listening for the will of the Lord.

God is everything. He is enough to satisfy every need. He is my Father, Christ my elder brother. They love me. I can trust them with my self. Who else can satisfy? No one. Peace cannot be found outside of the Father. There is no happiness outside of his plan of happiness. 

Turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning, and rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God, for he is gracious and merciful. {Joel 2:12-13} Turning to the Lord hurts. Only He can heal the hurt. There can be no reservations. Absolute trust.

Turn to no one else for comfort. Nothing else.

Turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, put your trust in Him, and serve Him with all diligence of mind. {Mosiah 7:33

Serve him first - before receiving anything. Take a leap of faith. Scary! :)

Unto them that look for him shall he appear. {Heb. 9:28

Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. {D&C 6:36}

Never think that I can handle anything alone. Don't trust myself above God. Go to him with everything. Why would I not go to him? My goal is to become one with him, not to remain independent. Plus, He knows all the answers! He is the answer!! :) 

Constant prayer. God always on my mind. Faith.

Don't try to fill the gaps in my life with anything but God. Fill any voids I may encounter with increased scripture study, prayer, and selfless service.

No pride. Don't try to impress anyone.

He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. {Ps. 107:9}

Wherefore do ye spend your labor for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently to me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. {Isa 55:2} :) :) 

Show trust in Him by doing what He says. duh. 

And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones - when I loose the bands of wickedness, undo heavy burdens, deal my bread to the hungry, bring to poor to my house, and cover the naked. {Isa. 58:10-11

Whosoever drinketh the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. {John 4:14}

God is enough. I need never turn to any other source for comfort. He will give me all that I need and more.

He fed 5000 with 5 loaves and 2 fishes - surely he can feed my soul with what little I have to offer him. I give him everything I have, and He can make it enough :) :) 

Seek him out in prayer, scripture study, and modern revelation.

Doubt not, but be believing, and come unto the Lord with all your heart. {Morm. 9:27}

Service to others is a remedy for filling voids that demonstrates the love of Christ while initiating self-healing. :)

Lord, I believe; help thou my unbelief. {Mark 9:24}

It's easier to want to stay at the level I'm already at. I'm reasonably happy here, change hurts, and the unknown is unspeakably frightening. But that's where the trust comes in. I have to trust God to keep me safe as I give up my old ways and become a New Creature. Trust Him to guide me safely through this "birth" of sorts. Faith, not fear. I would be content to stay here, but He has bigger plans for me.

It's hard to give up my self, my personality even. But let's face it, would I rather be Christlike or me-like? :) He will make me into my best self. He brings out the best in me :) 

"The more we get what we now call "ourselves" out of the way and let Him take us over, the more truly ourselves we become... Our real selves are all waiting for us in Him. It is no good trying to "be myself" without Him." ~C.S. Lewis

Forget myself and go to work - His work.

Give up my selfish desires - He will cleanse me of them.

My imperfections, sins, and selfish desires are what make me unhappy. Christ heals. I want to be transformed. Ask Christ to remove the "badness" in me which is making me unhappy, and try my hardest to overcome it. He will help me. He is my refuge, strength, a very present help in trouble. {Ps. 46:1}

Interesting scripture - "She worshiped Him, saying, Lord, help me." {Matt. 15:25} Asking for help is a form of worship? :)  

Everything but the Lord is empty. Other sources will fail. Other comforts will flee. But the Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he will not fail me, nor forsake me. 

God adds his "super" to your "natural." :)

"It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird; it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad." ~C.S. Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...