Thursday, January 13, 2011

infinity means forever

I love my advanced religion class this semester. Today I learned that we will never stop relying on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is infinite; we never get to check off "apply the Atonement in my life," or be like, "thanks Jesus, that was cool," and move on. We will always be relying on our Savior who ransomed us and provided the way for Eternal Life. He is the reason there is a life after death; the reason I can be reunited with my Father in Heaven and live with Him forever.  I will always be indebted to my Savior for his great Atoning Sacrifice.
"He is my Savior and my RedeemerThrough giving His life in pain and unspeakable suffering, He has reached down to lift me and each of us and all the sons and daughters of God from the abyss of eternal darkness following death. He has provided something better—a sphere of light and understanding, growth and beauty where we may go forward on the road that leads to eternal life. My gratitude knows no bounds. My thanks to my Lord has no conclusion." --Gordon B. Hinckley
I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Your name forever. ~Ps. 86:12 

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.
~Amazing Grace 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...