Tuesday, August 20, 2013

sweet is the peace the gospel brings :)


i WAS going to title this email "SUPERNATURAL WEEK OF CRAZY" but then i changed my mind.

 

but seriously. this week was crazy.  crazy things first, then spiritual.

 

Friday -- prayed with a vampire.  Saturday -- got chased down by a warlock.

Sunday -- got proposed to by a young gentleman who was high/drunk off his miiiiiiiiindddd hahahahaha

 

so the vampire. we met him outside the library and he was like "hey mormons!" and we were like "hey buddy!" so we're talking, and it's normal, and the suddenly it's not.......... he tells us he can only get certain nutrients from blood and so people think he shoots up all the time but really it's just blood transfusions, he hasn't shot up since middle school, and he has to eat meat that is mostly raw (bill from hp anyone?) and he doesn't like to brag but he has the intelligence of a super computer. and his great-grandfather was ("maybe you've heard of him?") DRACULA. yes. and so naturally we engaged him in a gospel conversation about family history, testified, and prayed. boom. the end. please check "pray with a vampire" off of my bucket list, family. 

 

the warlock technically was just a wiccan but warlock sounds cooler and more supernatural. details later cause that gets into the more spiritual stuff :)

 

and thennnnnnn yesterday. HAHAHAHAHA sister butler and i were laughing soooooooooooooo harddddddddddddddddd like what even is our life????????????????? i can't even write the story down so i will just send you quotes. they were very nice and not even very profane, just soooooooooo wasted hahahahaha.

*we walk up to some young hacky-sack playing gentlemen*

"hey, how's it goin?" "heyyyyyyyyy!!!" 

"hey, weird, the church bells are ringing! it's almost like we should get married or something!" ....... or something!

"stop looking at her!" "why?" "just stop looking at her!"

"what's your name?" "sister butler" "will you be my butler?" "no."

"c'mon, you've gotta have a first name!" "my name is sister butler." "oh, well my name is reverend sawyer!" 

"can you marry people?"

"this is a funny brat. i'm serious. this is a funny. brat."

"no, i'm serious, i actually want to learn about God. these guys are jokers, but i am seriousssssss."

"Dave, I'm giving these girls your # so we can sit down and have a lesson." "Call me ANYTIME. let's hang out!!" 

"We're on candid camera!!!!!! see, those are our cameras! that's our fake musician.... he's actually a real musician..... okay i'm sorry, that was stupid, i'm so sorry, that was so stupid, i'm so sorry, that was dumb, i'm sorry."

*praying* "Lord, I feel that Sister Butler has some words to encourage us." "ENCOURAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

(the world's oldest guy who looks like the prospector from toy story 2) "I'm 56, and you're just a little girl. your friend is right here. you are safe. you just need to relax. reeelaaxxxxxxxxxxx." *waves his hand trying to hypnotize us*'

we also talked a lot about black walnut and how long they take to ripen.

prrrretttttyyy sure they were rolling marijuana right in front of us.

the guitar player says one thing, right before we leave: "none of us are going to remember this in the morning."   amen, brother. amen.

so anyways. that was the crazy stuff of the week. well there was other stuff but that was the most crazy & hilarious hahaha. (mom & dad.... don't worry........ i am safe always) :)

 

SO i love the appleton 2nd ward, they are so cute & great :) :) we have the CUTEST recent convert family in the ward and i love them so so much :)

 

also i have a sunburn on half of my face. thank you bangs.

 

back to the warlock -- so what happened was we went to this trailer park to go hunt down a sister who hasn't been coming for a while, knock on the door, her boyfriend answers, he is NOT thrilled to see us but he is tolerably polite, we ask if we can pray for him he says "not me! i don't believe; i'm wiccan!" but then he goes and gets her son so we can pray with him..........? so we chat with the son, pray with him, the boyfriend comes back out and he's like "I've seen you people before..... we got into an altercation with some...." blahblahblah basically he's talked to missionaries before and they apparently asked him to name 3 things God can't do? So he poses the same question to us and i'm like uhhh... nothing?? but he names 3 things (that, ps, God totally CAN do) and then looks at us like "TUH! MIND BLOWN HUH!" and we're like uhhhhh.... but before we can testify he runs back inside the house. so we're like ooooookay well you just have your mom call us! thanks bye! and then we get in our car & drive away. and AS WE ARE DRIVING AROUND THE CORNER (it was like a circle set-up, so we're coming back around by the house) we see the warlock man striding with a PURPOSE towards our car, and i know he is not bookin' it like that to find a porta-potty... he wants to talk with us. so i slow down and roll down the window and he's like "AND ANOTHER THING! you don't actually believe in that Book do you??" me: "the Book of Mormon? Yes I do." "No, the Bible!" and then he gives 3 reasons that the Bible isn't true and none of them make sense. they were like, it's violent, and it's written by man, and something else......... weird. so, again, we're like uhh.... but he's already backing away and giving us a look like "yeah, i know. i just blew your minds again. think about THAT!" but it was seriously ridiculous. soooooo sad!!! it really made me think about how much PEACE the gospel had brought into my life. this warlock/man was so worked up about things that have very simple, true, peaceful answers! things like why do bad things happen to good people and why is there evil in the world if God is perfect and why did my girlfriends husband die of cancer if he was a good person. Not that there are "easy" answers to those kinds of things per se, but there are answers! There is peace to be found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ!!! it made me really, really grateful for the peace that I have in knowing that God lives, that He loves me, that there is a purpose to my life, etc. Such a blessing. Such a blessing to be able to share that peace with others.

 

On a more personal note.......... missions are hard!! haha. training stresses me out a TON because i am soooooooooooooooooooo not perfect and i don't do things right 930499% of the time (that isn't even a percentage...) and i'm not the perfect example and i don't know what to do and being the boss stresses me out and i'm bad a communication and on & on & on. basically, it's stressful haha. I wish i was better!!!!! 

 

this was my mindset going into church on sunday.

 

1) I am so grateful for church.

 

2) I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

 

3) I am grateful for His Atonement, that makes it possible for me to repent & become better with His help

 

4) I am grateful that He loves me. & "confused by the grace that so fully He proffers me."

 

5) I am grateful for the restoration of His priesthood authority to bless & sanctify the sacrament, so that when I take it I can renew my promise to Him to become better, & renews His promise to me to help me.

 

6) I am so grateful for this gospel. I love church. Church is the place to be. There is solace & healing for the soul. There is the Spirit in abundance. I love it there :) :)

 

Family, I love you so so much. I am grateful for the peace that this gospel brings. It is so, so sweet. <3 <3 <3 

 

You are the greatest blessing in my life!! I don't know where I'd be without you :) :) 

 

families are forever

the Book of Mormon is true

temples are the place

Jesus is the Christ

I love you :) amen, amen, & amen    xoxoxoxox   sister cece proffit :) :) :) appleton 2 babyyyyyyyyyyy!

Love you all!!!!!!!!:)JJJJJ

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...