Monday, August 5, 2013

TOO MANY THINGS HAPPENED THIS WEEK!


I had like 18 different subject lines picked out this week but they all kept getting topped by what happened next!!!!!!!! sooooooooo here we gooooooooo!!!

 first of all, i FORGOT to tell you something last week and i don't know how because it was ridiculous!!!!!!! ahh i wish i could tell you this in person with actions and sounds but alas..... email. okay. Are you ready? last week in church, the oldest man alive got up to speak. he gets out that he's lived in green bay since they 1960s, and then stops. silence. heavy breathing. is he getting emotional?? i mean green bay is a great place but..... oh no. is he having a heart attack?????????? then suddenly...... SLUMP. DOWN HE GOES. i thought he had died. DIED AT THE PULPIT. HE FELL OVER COMPLETELY DOWN AND NO ONE CAUGHT HIM. just DOWN. boom. well luckily our ward is full of doctors and nurses and emts and such so they went up while everybody else stayed remarkably calm, they told us he was not dead, he was smiling, just dehydrated???????? SO THEN HE GETS UP AND STARTS GIVING HIS TALK LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED. this is real. he keeps giving his same talk!!!!!!! and also..... HE TIES A LEASH AROUND HIS WAIST. and hands it to the brother who was conducting. and says "one tug if i stray from my subject, two if i'm going too long, three to sit down" what?????????? hahahahahaha. what about "four if i pass out again"???????? so anyways, he almost does, but dr m was on the stage with him and he made him sit down (uh, yeah!) and then he gave his talk from his seat. and then yesterday he got up and bore his testimony. what the what?????? hahaha. i have NEVER seen anything like that, ever. HE STRAIGHT UP PASSED OUT COLLAPSED TO THE FLOOR (nathan...;)) so that was. exciting. hahah :) :)


anyways that was last week. THIS WEEK.....was awesome. remember how i said i never wanted to leave green bay? well i emailed something along those lines to president cutler.....and signed my name "sister cecelia proffit, green bay 2 forever."
because i really, really, love it here. i LOVE the people of green bay. they are hilarious!!! i love them!!!!! i love this beautiful city!!!! favorite wisconsin words & phrases: "ohhh nohhh!" "ohh, ohhkey!" they use "yet" instead of "still"..... it's bizzare and I love it :) "yah er noh?" "thanks much!" etc etc etc. I LOVE IT ALL. <3 <3 <3


also: sister cutler started a mission blog! wisconsinmilwaukeemission.blogspot.com :) check it out! there are probably good pictures on there! haha :) looove the cutlers.
we had an AWESOME Mission Leadership Council last Friday.... President Cutler taught us to focus on doctrine, not tactics, because true doctrine, understood, changes behavior. truth! also we need to focus on helping people understand, because if they understood, really understood, their lives would change and become so much happier!! :) :) :) so i loved that. i love being a sister training leader, even though i don't know what i'm doing haha. alsooooo... you might have seen this coming, with my letter to president telling him how much i never wanted to leave but............transfers are this wednesday. am i being transferred? YES I AM. where to? BACK TO APPLETON.
(isn't there a song like, "back to avalon!"?)  I am going to Appleton 2 (I just came from Appleton 1) to basically do what Sister Erickson and I did here. but also train. WHAT? yes, train. opening and training in appleton 2. wooo-hoooooooo! Actually, I am excited. I was SO SAD (and still am SOOOO SADDDD) to leave Green Bay, I just LOVE the people here and the city and everything about it, and so many good things are happening, and we have a BAPTISM next saturday (oh yeah, did i mention that heather & michelle are getting baptized????? :) :) :)) but President Cutler was really nice when he called to let me know. We got the text that I was leaving Saturday morning, and I accidentally saw it before Sister Erickson so she thought I was kidding when I told her I was leaving...but anyways, President called Saturday night and said "I know you love Green Bay.... but I have a special assignment for you. I need you to go to Appleton 2 and do there what you did in Green Bay. They've never had Sisters before and they are excited to have you. You have a great talent for relating with people and we need you in Appleton. And we need you to train. Will you do that?" and obviously I said yes, even though I'm pretty sure he's mixing me up with someone else hahaha. But it was nice of him to put it like that. And Appleton isn't too far away. I just love Green Bay now!! hahaha.
 
Yesterday we had a GREAT lesson in Relief Society that made me at once devastated to leave and excited to get to Appleton 2. It wasn't even so much the lesson as the atmosphere and excitement in the Relief Society room as we talked about rescuing the one and going out and finding our less-active sisters and helping them to come back, because this isn't just a church or a religion or a social group or club...ultimately this is eternal life. this is salvation. this is happiness,peace in this life and eternal families and everything that means. So I was heartbroken to leave the Green Bay 2 sisters that I love with all my heart (and it doesn't help that I play the piano for them and they say "never leave us we love your playing!" haha) but at the same time it made me excited to get to Appleton 2 and set that ward on fire :) Maybe I'm meant to be a firestarter? It's going to be quite the challenge.... how does Heavenly Father keep doing this to me?? hahaha. But I'm excited for it. and nervous. and excited. and nervous. And nervous. keep me in your prayers? haha. training again! ohhh boyyyy! :) :)
 
Speaking of Green Bay, yesterday was a Christmas miracle! Person after person after person just kept walking into church! people who hadn't come in forever! people that we hadn't even gone to drastic measures to get to church!!! CHRISTMAS MIRACLE, I tell ya!!!!!!!! i think the Lord wanted me to have a happy last sunday in green bay haha :) A M AND her sister A came to church and sat by me, AND my best friend K who we found seeking out the YSAs ("and if it so be that ye should labor all your days in green bay, and bring but one soul unto me.... how great shall be your joy with her in the kingdom of my father"... "It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy sister... was lost, and is found." :) :) :) ) IT WAS GREAT. and also, h & n & m were there. and i just love them heaps & heaps & heaps :) :) :) Sooooooo anyways, with transfers and all of that happening, and my HALFWAY POINT being this week, (WHAT????????????????????????????) I've been reflecting a lot about what it means to be a successful missionary, reading PMG pp.10-11 and thinking about how I can know I've been successful in this area, since apparently I only get 3 months in any area, or how I can know I've had a successful day. And I was talking about this with Sister Erickson and we talked about how really it comes down to moments.... moments that matter most. Moments when you KNOW you felt the Spirit. when you KNOW you were in the right place at the right time saying the right thing. moments when you felt love. when you knew you loved someone. moments when you forgot yourself and served. moments like that are what make up a mission, & ultimately a life :) as sister dickinson said, "forever -- is composed of nows" :) truth! so i've started making a list of those moments that matter most, moments when i knew i was successful. can i suggest that you do the same? you can look at PMG 10-11 if you want, or make up your own criteria... but it's been really cool. very soul-searching. my favorite part -- "When you have done your very best, you may still experience disappointments, but you will not be disappointed in yourself. You can feel certain that the Lord is pleased when you feel the Spirit working through you."  :) I want the Lord to be pleased with me :)


 scripture link of the week: Alma 12:24 / 1 Peter 2:20-21. What is the purpose of life? Check the footnotes! One of them could be to learn patience :) (You can know you have been successful when you... develop Christlike attributes.) :) Hm. Well family, I think that's about it! Ups and downs and ups and downs and ups and downs and downs, but ultimately (i have used that word so much this email!! someone psycho-analyze that) sosososososo many more ups. Onward, ever onward! :) :)
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY     I LOVE YOU ALL       I LOVE GREEN BAY     I LOVE APPLETON 2 (appleton too?) :) :)    LOVE YOU ALL FOREVER    {LITERALLY}   XOXOXOXOXO    


 SISTER CECELIA PROFFIT  


DISCIPLE OF CHRIST FOREVER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...