Monday, April 21, 2014

“in His plan there are no true endings”




oh family, family, family :) :)

first of all, i love you. did you know that you are my greatest love? well, obviously the gospel of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are my greatest love. but my SECOND greatest loves are my family and my mission. and the only thing that makes leaving one behind okay is the other. :) :) :) so thank you for being so wonderful <3

in OTHER news, it's been a crazy week! as always! hahaha actually it's been a pretty good one. let's start with the update on my feelings. things i have felt this week (in no particular order): good. happy. anxious. anticipation. happy. good. calm. peace. crying. overjoyed. ecstatic. crying. happy. sad. anxious. love. extremely happy. laughing. cold. warm. surprised. nostalgia. excitement. anxious. confidence. happy. good. happy. good. peace. happy. :)i think that about covers it ;)

but seriously though. it's been a super good week. the Lord has blessed me mucho :) i've actually been pretty good, like it hasn't felt real & i keep forgetting.... saturday night & sunday we had stake conference and i kept having mini seizures of anxiety and being like "i'm never going to see these people again!!!" but i survived :) :) also sunday i kept crying but i think that's because it was easter. the bonners asked about my family so i obviously cried.... and brother b gave me a blessing so i obviously cried. but overall i have felt very peaceful :) AND, i'm almost finished packing :) #gome :)

well tuesday was my last district meeting and elder andrus played "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" on the electronic piano about 973888 times... "verse 9!" hahaha. it was annoying but... thoughtful? ;) 

wednesday we did yard work and that was fun! reminded me of mom ;) also, i am in love with the state of wisconsin. like i'm pretty sure i like it better than any other place on earth.......... #howdidthathappen #sorrynotsorry #didntseethatonecoming18monthsago ;) also i would like to go to nauvoo soon.

thursday we did family history with sister t (less-active) and her (non-member) friend :) best question: "how is this free?? why???" ohhhh, let me tell you friend :) :) :)

also, after volunteering at the library, c the librarian was like "well bye, see you never!" (basically) and i was like "um excuse you, i'll be back here next week at 2:30..." (basically.) it was weird. story of my week. :) 

also, got tons of mail this week! haha thanks to everyone.... y'all are the best for this sister missionary in the end-stages of missionary life haha :) :) :) <3

friday we went to say goodbye to my bff sister g who is in her 90s. she is my bff because when she is calling someone to come over she says "come, come ye saints!" and so do i :) #besties. we finna skype when i get home. i am NOT well pleased with all of these goodbyes but it is okay. thank goodness for technology ;) best quote from her: "don't cry... it's all happy" :) :) okay sister gilman. okay :)

also, we watched the "because of Him" video with her and she read it out loud and CHEERED - like literally fists in the air cheered - when Jesus was resurrected :) :) :) :) <3 also we saw the rehbecks and i love them.

these is the weirdest email ever. details when i see you? haha :) 

ALSO on friday we went on the lake walk and i loved it. it was warm! and sunshiney! and we talked to so many people and i loved it!! :) :) :) pictures to come :) :)

SATURDAY was my favorite day. i literally said "this is my favorite day" out loud so many times. because it was. happiness is cool because it builds and builds and builds on itself. i'm happier today than i've ever been in my life. how cool! :) :) :) 

i have a problem because on saturday i called every culvers in the greater milwaukee area looking for someone who could get me a pint of chocolate eclair frozen custard. #favorite #addiction?

saturday was exceptional because it was STAKE CONFERENCE and elder godoy from the seventy spoke and he is my new favorite person...... ever :) https://www.lds.org/church/leader/carlos-a-godoy seriously he is great. i will now include a series of quotes. prepare yourself for greatness :) [important fact: he is from brazil. brazilian is my new favorite accent ever. spanish + french = win.] :)

"We're not doing different things, we're just doing more, better, faster." 

"The Lord is saying, Please! Would you help me? This is why I know that if you pray for missionary opportunities, the Lord will answer you, because they're already happening!" 

[how he felt when he first came to a church activity at age 16] "They have something inside that make them be as happy as they are."

~my favorite moment~ describing what he said to his mother/how he felt after his first missionary lesson. he GRABS THE MICROPHONE AND STARTS SHAKING IT "The True Church!!!!!!!!! It is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :) :) :) :) :) :) :) <3

[talking about everyone we meet] "There is a spirit inside saying, [here he starts waving his hand in the air] Please! I'm here!" 

"It is the Church of Jesus Christ, even with its imperfections."

[to the Lord] "Put across my way, & I will talk, I will do it."

"I will make some mistakes but I will act. If I will mistake it will be acting."

"Even not knowing what to expect, one thing I already know - the Spirit will be there. Because this is the Church of Jesus Christ. This is His church." <3 [i feel like this one is especially for me <3]

(talking about how husbands should say "i love you" to their wives more often... this is what not to say ;)) "I told her when I married her that I love her so if I change my mind I will let her know."

"Going to walmart is not a date!" 

& many more great things that I can't write down... you just had to be there :) I love the church of Jesus Christ. I love to feel the Spirit :)

Milwaukee South Stake Conference this weekend was such a blessing because this is the stake that I started in...... 18 months ago. #weird. I saw so many people that I knew and a few of them even recognized me and took pictures ;) ALSO, this is cool, I saw a guy that we had been trying to get in to teach right before I left Racine and I was like "hm, i wonder if they ever got to teach him! he's still coming to church!" and THEN.... when they were reading the names of brethren to receive the melchizedek priesthood.... he stood up :) :) :) so appaaaaaaarently, he got baptized. hahaha :) :) :) it was cool :) 

I just.... love the saints of the Milwaukee area. they are so amazing. I love to feel of their faith. I love it here in Wisconsin :) :) :) we rode to stake conference sunday with the B and I was talking about how we think they're pretty close to perfect, Brother B says, "Not me! Sister B is though," and Sister B says, "Well, I have a memory problem...." as if that makes it easier for her to be perfect hahaha I love them <3 <3 <3

Easter was great; so many kind friends gave us easter baskets & presents & flowers that smell good and took such good care of us. I know I'm coming "home" this week but I kind of feel like my home is here too :) :) :)

Well. I don't have much else to say I guess. A lot of things are changing this week.... but some things I know will never change. I am a servant of the Lord. today & forever. and i love that :) :) :)

one more thing before I go --- He Lives. Christ lives. & He is leading His church. He is active. not a memory, not a inspiration, not words on a page. not nice thoughts to live by. He lives. I know that He lives. and I know that He leads this church. This is the true and living church of Jesus Christ, and I am blessed to be His witness :) :) :)

"For verily I say unto you, that great things await you;" (D&C 45:62) :)

I'm excited to see you, dear family. You are the only thing that's making leaving behind my favorite life okay :) :) :)

love, love, love you forever        sister cecelia proffit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...