Sunday, November 13, 2011

from tabernacle to temple

Today I was thinking about the Provo Tabernacle and sort of relating it to myself... see if you can follow my thinking :)

 The Provo Tabernacle was wonderful, beloved, doing a good work for the Lord and being great and used for lots of good things.








Then, about a year ago there was a terrible fire and the Tabernacle was seriously damaged, leaving only the exterior walls standing.

Because of this fire, the Church has decided to rebuild it and turn it into the second temple of the Church in the city of Provo! Which will be even more awesome and glorious than it was before.

"The purpose of the gospel is to make... good men better." ~David O. McKay

So I'm thinking that, like the Provo Tabernacle, I could be doing good. Then a fire or trial comes, and it's heyyy what the heck I had a good thing going here! And I don't see what the purpose is in tearing my good thing down and burning it up. But the Lord has something so much greater in mind for me. And my "being a tabernacle" time is done. Time for me to become a temple, if I'll let the Lord work on me. God uses trials and hard times to help me become even better and more purified and sacred than I ever thought I could be :)

This is sort of like C.S. Lewis' "Imagine yourself as a living house" quote, if you're familiar with that at all. :)

Anywaysssssssss.... that's what I was thinking about today! Happy Sunday! :)

photo sources:
 1.2.3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...