Tuesday, September 3, 2013

here's the thing, family......HERE'S THE THING



the gospel of Jesus Christ has brought me MORE HAPPINESS AND JOY than ANYTHING ELSE literally EVER. EVERRRR. all of the happiest times in my life are directly tied to knowing, living, and loving His Gospel <3 <3 <3 

 

I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know me personally, inside and out, better than anyone -- better that I do. I know that They love me a ridiculously infinite amount. I know that They want me to be happy and I KNOW that they know the plan of happiness. There is a plan for each of us -- our infinitely wise and all-knowing Heavenly Father is the Master of this Plan. Jesus Christ made it possible for each of us to live it. He marked the way and led the path for each of us to follow, with His divine help (grace) and the guidance of the Holy Ghost.

 

Family, never leave this plan. Never forget the goodness and mercy of our Heavenly Father. He has given us commandments -- not as a restriction, as the grumpy old man last Saturday tried to tell me -- but as one of the greatest tokens of His divine love outside of the Atonement and our ability to choose. He wants us to succeed. He wants us to have the same joy and happiness that He has -- happiness that He knows can only be found through following His Son.

 

This is so important. This is something that I KNOW to be true. This is something that I love :) :) :) It has brought me so much happiness!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father. I love the commandments they have given us because they truly bring me JOY. even when I do not like or understand them.

 

this is a fact: sometimes the rules to do not make sense. (whyyyyyyyyy 6:30am?????????????) This week I studied John 9 every morning, and I realized that what Jesus was doing did not make sense. "Here, blind man, I put some mud on your eyes! Now go wash it off in this specific pool!" If I were the blind man I would've been like "uhhhhh thanks a lot, Jesus........ I could've put mud on my OWN eyes, thank you, and now my face is dirty....... nice." But he doesn't do that! He has FAITH and he goes to the pool of Siloam and obeys with exactness Christ's commandment...... and a MIRACLE happens.

 

Christ knows us better than we know ourselves. Sometimes He asks us to do things that don't make sense. "How will this ever bring me happiness??????? How will being 2309238409 miles away from home and only emailing my family once a week and walking around in 23940398% humidity ever bring me JOY??????" FACT: it does. Because He knows better.

 

 

............. okay, okay, i'll get off the soapbox now hahaha. It's just SO TRUE!!!!!!! I know it is!! it's the best news ever!!! the commandments are not restrictions.... they are guidelines. and i heard that one million times growing up but i never knew how true it was until i reached the ripe old age of 21 3/4 and looked back over my long long life {:)} and could see how much He's blessed me. :) :) :)

 

 

IN OTHER NEWS...................... I. LOVE. BEING. A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's the best best best best BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) seriously, sometimes my face just HURTS from smiling so big all day long oh boy that sounds so cheesy but SERIOUSLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. not that every day is like sunshine and roses and skipping happy laughing....................... but sometimes it is haha and even when it's like guhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's still like yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! :) :) :) it's the best life ever. everybody should do this :) :) :)

 

 

earlier this week I was thinking about how everyone's like "missions are so hard" and i was like ehhhhhhh........ not really! like i mean they ARE hard, but so is LIFE haha and i really don't think missions are that much harder than "regular" life.... like at all. the ultimate challenge/struggle as a missionary is to align my will with God's. and that goes for "regular" life as well. that's the struggle! and missionary life is different, for sure, but it's also like..... not. haha. bringing our will in line with God's -- choosing His will -- is a central purpose of our lives no matter what. 

 

 

i don't really know where to go from here hahaha sorry about all the serious talk!!! 

 

 

okay favorite conference quote of the week:

 

It can be discouraging at times to know what it means to be a son  [or daughter] of God and yet come up short. The adversary likes to take advantage of these feelings. Satan would rather that you define yourself by your sins instead of your divine potential. Brethren [and Sisters], don’t listen to him.

BOOM. love that. :) :) :)

 

seriously so perfect for me this week. have i mentioned that i love church??? because i do :) :) :)

 

 

want to hear a cool story?? :) :)

 

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

 

 

ooooookay. OOOOOOOOOOOKAY. (everyone please practice saying that in your best wisconsin accent.) 

 

 

MY FRIEND S*******. 

 

 

we go to her house for lesson time. she is sitting out on her front porch playing with bear the dog. we chat. she says "his brothers are jerks!" bear's brothers? NOPE, NEPHI'S BROTHERS. did she read the Book of Mormon?? YES SHE DID. did she understand and apply it? YES SHE DID. 

 

 

AAAAAAAAND THENNNNNNNNNN.

 

we were teaching about the plan of salvation using these ghetto little pictures i made hahaha. and we ask her "what do you think happens when we die?" and she goes "I don't know........... but I feel like there should be levels."

 

 

 

 

 

 

what.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LEVELS????????????????????? WHO EVEN BELIEVES IN LEVELS?????????? oh, that's right, WE DO BECAUSE IT'S THE TRUTH.

 

 

but like........... what??????????????? hahahaha sister butler and i were like.......... well, let's put it this way... we wish we were on the district 3 so that we could pause the dvd and be like "LOOK AT OUR FACES" because we were ridiculously excited hahaha. but yes, s**** believes there should be one level for like "murderers and stuff", one for "people who were like good but not very faithful" and then regular heaven.

 

 

like, what??????

 

 

so that was amazing. we were grinning like idiots allllllllllllll the way home.

 

we're going to make team t-shirts that say "get the glow!" because in her prayer she was like "thank you for these two girls..... and you can actually tell that they believe what they're saying!" and afterwards she was like "you both just GLOW!" and we were like girrrrrrrrrrrrrrl {sister....} you are glowing too!!!!!!!! because seriously she looks so different from when we first met her a few weeks ago :) :) :) :) :) I. LOVE. MISSIONARY. WORK!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) 

 

 

so that was exciting times :) :) but then she didn't come to church........... lame. guess who did come to church though?? Z & C & W, which is AWESOME because last week W(Brother L) was like "this is your first and last time coming here" to his wife, but THEN the ward was awesome and they all became best friends, and now they've been to church TWICE! boom baby! even though we've neeeeeeeever actually had a sit-down lesson with the dad haha members are all like inviting them over to dinner and then telling us so that we can come too haha it is awesome land :) :) :)

 

 

in other news, i love being a missionary.

 

 

in OTHER other news, i am not very good at it.... but i can feel myself getting better!!! bit by bit the Lord is helping me!!! He is magnifying my efforts and just helping me sooooooooooooooooo much and family I can feel your prayers!!! we have had MIRACLES this week personally and as a companionship and i KNOW your prayers made the difference.......... like seriously, i know that's true. God told me. 

 

other favorite conference quote: In His mercy, He allows for improvement over time rather than demanding immediate perfection. Even with the multitude of sins occasioned by the weakness of mortality, as often as we repent and seek His forgiveness, He forgives again and again.

 

 

yes, yes, yes. <3 <3 love Him <3

 

 

so that's pretty much the update this week......... OH, and LAST WEEK i met a LEGIT donny osmond convert, so THAT was obviously awesome........... haha i loved it so so much <3 <3 <3 "how'd you find the church?" "donny osmond." "whaaa...?" "I was obsessed so i wrote him and he sent me a Book of Mormon and then I got baptized." haha awesome!! and she actually has like the world's strongest testimony too so it's legit hahaha. :) :) :)

 

 

zone conference was bomb.com, i love elders, they are hilarious and always make me laugh, i love missionary life, it is crazy and confusing and i'm not very good at it and i make approximately one billion mistakes every single day............ but I'm working on it. and the Lord is with me and He's helping me, I know He is :) :) 

 

 

I love you family!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are the bestest :) :) :) :) :)

 

OH AND ALSO (how could i forget, family, HOW COULD I FORGET??????) remember my best friend n****??? whose little sisters got baptized and i love her?????? well something i did NOT tell you (because it wasn't really relevant...) was that she had a loser boyfriend. well he wasn't reeeeally a loser he just wasn't like GREAT. he was just like a average boyfriend, whatever, stupid, dumb. WELL i talked to sister erickson last week (missionary-related phone call with only a LITTLE BIT of chatting.....) and SHE told me that Narnia**** X*** my best friend ever BROKE UP WITH loser boyfriend and isn't even that sad about it because HEAVENLY FATHER IS HELPING HER, yes He is <3 <3 <3 AAAAAAAAAAAAND she was like ".......... do you think that I could go on a mission??????" OHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYY YES YOU COULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so then sister erickson and i planned it all out and we just need someone to get us the prophet's email address so that we can tell him that we recieved revelation for him, N*** is going to serve on Temple Square, Hmong-speaking, and Sister Erickson and I are going to visit her there, yes we are, I love it and i LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY :)))))))))))))))))))))))))) everybody should do it :) :) :)

Music I’ve been listening to lately: Nashville tribute band ‘work’ hilarious. So great. I love it. amen JJ

Also—Mormonchannel.org district videos…..8 episodes!! So great JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...