Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"DIRECTION​S FOR LIVING JOYFULLY"


 

preach my gospel is just the greatest book ever. how can you NOT want to live the gospel when it describes it like that??? :) :) :) 

 

seriously though. the gospel is the best best best best best :) :) :) :) :)

 

we had such a great week!!! i love missionary work so so much!!! it is honestly the most worthwhile thing i've ever done. i'm not doing it perfectly, i could be so much better, but i do love it and i do love the people here. joy comes from giving all your heart, might, mind, & strength :) :) :) :)

 

so where do i even begin.           well.

 

this week we had MISSION TOUR!! :) :) Elder Anthony D. Perkins of the 1st quorum of Seventy came and it was lovely :) which leads me to my invitation of the week! this is actually something that his wife did with just us sisters in a special meeting but it still counts. are you ready? :) :)

 

get out your pen & paper! & fill in the blanks :)
"Praise ye the Lord, for He hath.....and.....The Lord, He is my.......and I will......"

 

:) :) :) so fun! you get to write your own psalm :) :) i know i felt the Spirit so strong when we did this, because I know that praising God brings me joy :) He is my light and my life! I love Him :) :) :) so if you want to, you can send yours to me, or you can keep them just to yourself, but i loved this and i hope you do too :) :) :)

 

also. S. my B.F.F. :) :) :) :) :)

 

so we go over to review the baptismal interview questions and teach the commandments. and so we're talking about her Book of Mormon reading........ she was in the army for 10 years and that's obviously hard so we showed her the story of captain moroni and said she could read there for a bit if she wanted. so she did, "just enough to make me feel better" and now she's back in 2 nephi... actually she texted us this morning that chapter 22 is one of her favorites so far and i just love her :) :) :) but anyways we were following up on her Book of Mormon reading and she is JUST SO AWESOME and here is one of many reasons why: so apparently armor wasn't invented till like..... way after Christ. so she's reading about the nephites armor and she's like... "wow! when you pray and are seeking inspiration from God, you get to be way ahead of your time!!" uhhhhh what????? she teaches me so much every single day. i need to start taking notes in our lessons hahaha. Alma 43:19-21. doesn't that just make it so much cooler to know that armor hadn't even been invented yet???? can you imagine how the lamanites must've felt?? "uhhhh what even are they wearing????" GOD IS SO COOL. and then she connected it back to Noah and the ark, and Nephi and his ship, and how they weren't created after the knowledge of man but after the directions of God :) :) SHE IS SO COOL. :) :) :) :) :) seriously my favorite <3 <3 oh and we taught tithing, the word of wisdom, and chastity all in one lesson because she has no problems with anything. her literal only question was "why eat meat sparingly?" and when we invited her to commit to live the word of wisdom she was like "oh yes, that shouldn't be a problem, i don't eat much meat anyways" hahahaha stephanie. that is so the least of our concerns right now. I LOVE YOU. like who even are you. the best. i love you. amen. :) :) :) and i was saying something like "sometimes i think of commandments as like rules that bind us down--" and she interrupts and teaches me beautifully about why we obey God's commandments and how they bring us joy and keep us safe and all this and i'm like okay. i'm done hahaha. throw in the towel, who even are you, i love you. amen. :) :) :) :) :) sooooooooooooooo i love her. and she's getting BAPTIZED saturday the 12th at 4pm. you're all invited. come out to appleton. greatest land of my life :) :) :)     i seriously love wisconsin so much <3 <3 <3

 

so anyways, that was marvelous :) and so was mission tour and so is everything. 

 

in other news, the relief society broadcast. I. LOVED IT. and mostly i loved because s came and SHE loved it. :) :) oh, wanna know something RIDICULOUS??? okay this should give hope to all you member-missionaries out there. i don't know if you've heard that it takes an average of 7 interactions with the gospel before you're baptized? i don't know if that's legit but we hear it all the time. so S. apparently went to church with a neighbor family when she was little. what?????? and then her SISTER lived with a member for a while and was going to join but then made some poor choices and &c &c. but at the broadcast. t b from the 1st ward turns around and is like "you look so familiar........ what's your last name???" long story short sister b was friends with s's little sister and sister c (sis b's mom in the 2nd ward) was the member that he sister lived with. so what. even. is this. idk but i LOVE it and so they're all going to come to the baptism and it's amazing and you never know what can happen down the road!!! :) :) :) :) :) you are all the best and i love you.

 

and i LOVED watching the relief society broadcast "with" you mom!! i think that is one of my favorite parts of conference on my mission -- knowing that we are all watching it live, together :) :) it makes me feel so connected to you!! :) :) :) it was so, so, wonderful and i know that we are led by a living prophet today. how awesome is that???????????????????? like so awesome :) :) :) i love that we have directions for living joyfully!! i know they are true!! the gospel IS the way to the happy, joyful, peaceful, abundant life :) :) follow the prophets and be happy. our loving Heavenly Father gave them to us for a reason :) :) He wants us to be happy. He wants us to return to Him as happy and joyful and fulfilled as possible -- with our families to be together forever :) :) WHAT a marvelous plan!!! I love Him so so much. I love my Savior so so much. He helps me to be better. He's never mad at us -- He only wants to help. Though it can seem to be impossible to change, though social pressures may seem to intense, though we may feel that we are beyond hope and simply too weak -- it doesn't matter. He can help us. He wants to help us. His arms are always stretched out to us in mercy <3 <3 <3 I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. i will never never never stop declaring that He Lives. that He loves us. and that His way is the way to peace and joy in every phase of life :) :) :) 

 

I LOVE you, family. soooooooooo so much. the gospel is true. truth has been restored. and we can know it, live it, and love it :) :) :) :) :)      EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL.  amen :) :) :) 

 

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo     sister cece proffit :) :) :) :) :)

oh and everyone was crying at  the end of  the r s broadcast. Obviously. And everyone loved it JJ:) and we were combined with the 1st ward for dinner! So I got to see my old friends and I love them.!!!

Also, say hi to people and give them hugs. It makes a big differenceJJ be ‘that guy’ that always says hi JJJit’s fun!!and it makes people feel loved and happy and appreciated!  Soooo easy!  Sooooo goodJJJJ

I love you xoxoxox

Oh, and this was the quote of the week, coming home one day. “This is what I’ve learned about church:it’s perfect for people!  Why don’t they come??? Hahaha seriously though, church is always perfect.

Oh, also, I accidently left my nametag at HOME one night (luckily I have a spare in my bag (beg) but  I seriously HATED not having it  Hahaha.  Can I pleaseeeeeeee wear it everyday for the rest of my life????:)JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...